Through planned time with a mental health professional, Catholic Charities Home Based Respite Program provides a temporary break for the parent(s), guardian(s) or caregiver(s) from the demands associated with caring for children and adolescents who have documented mental health challenges. The identified child is matched with a caring and skilled mental health professional one-on-one who provides the child with therapeutic opportunities to enhance the child’s well-being while providing a planned break to the parent(s), guardian(s) or caregiver(s).
- Children must be a Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Harford County or Cecil County resident.
- Children must be enrolled in the public mental health system.
- Children referred must be actively enrolled in therapy.
- Children referred must have Medical Assistance.
- Children referred must be between the ages of 4 – 17.5 years of age.