All of the sites listed have social and coping skill development groups for youth and some have these groups for adults as well! We call this program Skills for Success. Once a child or teen is involved in therapy, it is often possible and recommended to access these services if the individual needs more services to accomplish his or her goals.
Some of the skills taught and practiced in these small groups designed to be fun and engaging are:
- Healthy and helpful ways to express thoughts and feelings
- Skills used to manage and regulate behavior
- Problem solving skills
- Organization of work and belongings
- Getting along with peers; making and keeping friends
- Skills to support the development of confidence and self-worth
Many sites also have Skills for Success groups for adults ranging from 19 and up, as well as those targeted at youth. These groups help individuals to:
- Manage their moods
- Practice daily coping and living skills
- Prepare for and access employment
- Self-express in safe and healthy ways
- Get along with others
- Problem solve
View our latest Skills for Success Brochure for Youth.
View our latest Skills for Success Brochure for Adults.
For more information about Skills for Success, please contact the clinic site in your area listed above or LEARN MORE>>.