Located at the Jenkins Senior Living Community, St. Ann Adult Day Services is a medical day program that is vital for the continuum of care on the Jenkins campus. Participants are typically older adults, who for health and safety reasons cannot remain at home alone. By providing structured, high-quality services during the day, family members can continue much-needed employment, secure in knowing their frail elder is well cared for. St. Ann Adult Day Services provides seniors with connections to the outside world, helps avoid premature placement in residential care, and enriches the lives of the program participants through social interaction. The elders engage in peer interaction in a safe, supervised environment, as well as receive medical supervision and care from a registered nurse.
How You Can Help
- Answer the telephone and greet visitors when they arrive
- Lead an arts and crafts class
- Teach a sewing class
- Provide musical entertainment
- Read to those participants who are visually impaired
- Assist with serving breakfast and lunch
- Teach basic computer skills
- Lead a cooking class
- Make decorations for the center
- Serve as an escort on a participant outing
- Serve as a companion
- Teach a gardening class
Days and Times Needed: Mon-Friday 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Please contact us at [email protected].