- CLOSED until further notice. No visitors or volunteers are allowed.
- Soon, we will be updating our Volunteer Portal with ways you can be a virtual volunteer, help from home, deliver goods and items, and more.
St. Ann Adult Day Services
St. Ann Adult Day Services is a day program for older adults that provides activities, socialization, and medical supervision so that your loved ones can continue to live at home.
St. Ann Adult Day Services is located on a 25-acre campus overlooking Baltimore with amenities such as a beauty parlor, a whirlpool tub and a lovely patio with elevated gardens. We provide medical supervision in a structured environment that reduces the likelihood of premature nursing home placement for your loved one.
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin in programs and activities receiving Federal financial assistance. Specifically, Title VI provides that “no person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.” (42 U.S.C. Section 2000d).
The Title VI statement is posted in all 5310 vehicles, in the waiting areas of St. Ann and Gallagher Services, and on the website of Associated Catholic Charities.
Our one to six staff to participant ratio provides safety for participants and peace of mind for you. In our warm “home-away-from-home” setting, your loved one will receive lots of TLC and will enjoy a fun-filled adult day care environment while you work during the day or enjoy a much needed respite.
“Adult day care offers a unique option for seniors and adults who for health or safety reasons cannot stay alone during the day. With our support, they are able to maintain their independence and continue living in their homes in the community. We also provide participants with the opportunity to make friends and engage in stimulating activities—all in a medically supervised setting.
We offer families the peace of mind that their loved ones are being cared for by our dedicated staff. I invite you to visit St. Ann Adult Day Services and see what we have to offer.”
Cherie Melton, RN
Click on the + signs below to see the link or read more.
• Nutritionally balanced breakfasts, lunches and afternoon snacks are included
• Wheelchair accessible curb-to-curb transportation to and from the day program and home
• A wide variety of social activities and fellowship that replaces isolation
• A full-time registered nurse who provides monitoring and preventative care
• A social worker who provides counseling, discharge planning, and assistance with community resources
• On-site occupational, speech and physical therapists are available
• Consultation with ophthalmologists, podiatrists, and psychiatrists
• A board-certified geriatric physician with offices on the Jenkins Campus
• A pastoral care program staffed by a full-time chaplain and pastoral care team who provide pastoral visits and counseling
• The opportunity to attend weekly bible study and mass
• Open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
Q. My father is a veteran. Is there any help available to pay for a medical day program? Isn’t there anything out there to help someone who served his country in the army?
A. Yes, the Veteran’s Administration will pay for two days a week at an adult medical day program. There are a few things you’ll need to do first. Call Jacqui Steuerman at or email email@example.com and she can assist you.
Q. My mom is incontinent and wears diapers. Do you offer assistance with toileting?
A. Yes, the staff is able to assist with toileting needs and can also bathe your mother for an additional charge of $10.00.
Q. Are you able to care for seniors who are confused, wander and sometimes have episodes of agitation?
A. Yes, the staff at St. Ann has experience dealing with confused participants and are able to manage episodes of agitation as long as they are sporadic and do not occur on a daily basis. Participants may be discharged from the center if they become a danger to themselves or others. St. Ann is a locked facility which is perfect for those who wander because they can walk as much as they want but cannot escape from the center.
Q. Paying for adult day care can be expensive for a senior living on a fixed income. What types of insurances will pay for adult day care?
A. Medical Assistance will pay for adult day care if the senior qualifies financially and meets the requirements for a nursing home level of care. Medicare does not pay for adult day care. Some long-term care insurance policies will pay for adult day care. There are also subsidies available through the Commission on Aging for Baltimore City for City residents and through the Baltimore County Department of Aging for those seniors who reside in Baltimore County. Please call Jacqui Steuerman at or email firstname.lastname@example.org and she can assist you.
Q. My dad lives with me and would like to attend a daycare facility. Do you provide transportation to your center?
A. Yes, St. Ann offers wheelchair accessible transportation to and from the center to those seniors living within our catchment area. Please call Jacqui Steuerman at or email email@example.com to see if transportation is available for your dad’s area.
Q. Is pastoral care (religious service) available to St. Ann’s participants?
A. Yes, you can read more about our pastoral care program below.
- Mass is celebrated weekly at St. Ann.
- Bible Study is held on Wednesdays.
- Spiritual support and guidance is available for elders, their families and staff.
- Reconciliation is available upon request.