- St. Elizabeth’s Rehabilitation and Nursing Home Center has suspended visitors until further notice.
- Caritas House Assisted Living has suspended visitors until further notice.
- Effective March 16, 2020: St. Ann Adult Day Care programs – CLOSED until further notice.
Catholic Charities Senior Services has implemented multiple measures to protect residents and employees against COVID-19. Our infection prevention and control policies and procedures are key to preventing COVID-19 and other common viruses.
- We are ensuring that everyone in the facility practices proper hand hygiene and proactive additional precautions to minimize risk.
- Our trained infection preventionist is taking the lead on facility risk assessment.
- We follow direction from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and the Maryland Health Department (MDH) with support from the Baltimore City Health Department (BCHD).
- We monitor daily all expert guidance and adjust procedures accordingly.
- We have discontinued visits.
While the presence of family and friends is a huge part of life for residents, to reduce risk, we cannot permit any visitors nor volunteers in our facility. We have been in close communication with our residents and their loved ones during this difficult time.
Thank you for your continued support as the entire community works to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and we work to protect residents and employees of Catholic Charities Senior Services.
Support Services Program
The Support Services Program offers residents a helping hand to continue living independently. Daily meals and weekly housekeeping, laundry and personal services provide a little bit of assistance that can go a long way. At most sites, the senior nutrition program of the local Area Agency on Aging (AAA) contributes to the meal program. Services are catered to the needs of the individual and various service packages are offered to support aging in place. A subsidy is available to those eligible.
The Support Services Program is a Congregate Housing Services (CHS) Program certified and subsidized by the Maryland Department of Aging, for people 62 years of age and over who have some difficulty with essential activities of daily living. The program is offered at several of our senior housing communities, and is for low- and very low-income seniors. It is offered to prevent injury and illness, thereby helping to eliminate or delay the need for admission to a higher level of care.
Click on the + signs below to see the link or read more.
Individuals participating in the CHS program:
- Participate in congregate dining, if enrolled in a meal service;
- Ambulate independently or with an assistive device and, if using a wheelchair, transfer in and out of wheelchair independently;
- Supervise their own medications or have a designated party (family/medication management provider) to manage medications; and
- Independently manage personal finances or have a responsible party to do so;
- Should a resident’s physical or mental health deteriorate over time, it may become necessary for the resident and family to bring in additional services or plan for alternate living arrangements, in cooperation with the Senior Support Services Supervisor.
Participants may be eligible for a subsidy based on the formula provided by the Maryland Department of Aging and dependent upon the individual’s income and assets. An individual’s CHS fee is determined following a review of financial information. Please note: The CHS fee is in addition to the amount paid for rent. Participant subsidy is funded by the Maryland Department of Aging, Arundel Community Development Services, Inc., and private foundations including the the Edward N. and Della L. Thome Memorial Foundation, Bank of America, N.A., Trustee.
If you are currently a resident of one of the locations listed above, ask to speak with your Senior Support Services Supervisor. If you are not currently residing in one of the locations listed above, please visit the How to Apply page. On the application for housing, please check off “Yes” to the question regarding your interest in the Senior Support Services Program. Thank you for your interest.