While Maryland has moved into Stage II reopening plans, Catholic Charities has ongoing discussions about deliberate and thoughtful ways to operate in the safest possible manner for our colleagues, volunteers, communities, and individuals we serve. We continue to ask our wonderful volunteers to stay safer at home.
- Many regular business practices (i.e. lease signings and meetings with residents) are on-hold while we focus on supporting and communicating with residents at this time.
Catholic Charities Senior Services has implemented multiple measures to protect residents and employees against COVID-19. Our infection prevention and control policies and procedures are key to preventing COVID-19 and other common viruses.
- We are ensuring that everyone in the facility practices proper hand hygiene and proactive additional precautions to minimize risk.
- Our trained infection preventionist is taking the lead on facility risk assessment.
- We follow direction from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and the Maryland Health Department (MDH) with support from the Baltimore City Health Department (BCHD).
- We monitor daily all expert guidance and adjust procedures accordingly.
- We have discontinued visits.
While the presence of family and friends is a huge part of life for residents, to reduce risk, we cannot permit any visitors nor volunteers in our facility. We have been in close communication with our residents and their loved ones during this difficult time.
Thank you for your continued support as the entire community works to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and we work to protect residents and employees of Catholic Charities Senior Services.
Village Crossroads II – Baltimore County
Village Crossroads I and Village Crossroads II, Catholic Charities Senior Communities, are our first smoke-free senior communities! Located in the Fullerton/S. Perry Hall area of Baltimore County, this community is on Fitch Avenue between Rossville and Belair Roads. The 94-unit Village Crossroads I is the first HUD 202 / Low-Income Housing Tax-Credit mixed finance affordable senior community in Maryland. This community offers 47 tax-credit financed apartment units and 47 HUD-subsidized apartment units serving a wide income range of older adults. Village Crossroads I opened in July 2013. Village Crossroads II opened in February 2014. Both communities serve those 62 years of age and over.
These two communities are the first smoke-free senior apartment buildings owned and operated by Catholic Charities. The 7.4-acre Village Crossroads campus is entirely smoke-free, including the individual apartment units, common areas and outdoor spaces.
Both locations are designed to be LEED certified. LEED, or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, is an internationally recognized mark of excellence for practical and measurable green building design, construction, operations and maintenance solutions.
Catholic Charities welcomes people regardless of faith and is an Equal Housing Opportunity provider.
Services and Amenities
- Village Crossroads I offers a billiards and game lounge, club room and café, creative arts studio, library and multimedia room.
- Both communities include internet lounges and the design of both buildings includes wireless technology enabling us to offer free internet access to all of the residents.
- The outdoor spaces include areas for socialization, contemplation and activities. A dedicated shuffleboard, horseshoe and game table area are amenities that are available to the residents of both communities.
- The Congregate Housing Services Program, certified by the Maryland Department of Aging, operates at the Village Crossroads I, offering residents daily meals and weekly light housekeeping, laundry and personal assistance and case management available at a reasonable cost.
- Service Coordination is available at no cost to link residents to resources, services and benefits better enabling them to enjoy their independence and support their living in the apartment setting for as long as possible.
Senior Communities in Fullerton/S. Perry Hall:
Village Crossroads I and II
4313 Fitch Avenue, Nottingham, MD 21236