While Maryland has moved into Stage II reopening plans, Catholic Charities has ongoing discussions about deliberate and thoughtful ways to operate in the safest possible manner for our colleagues, volunteers, communities, and individuals we serve. We continue to ask our wonderful volunteers to stay safer at home.
- Many regular business practices (i.e. lease signings and meetings with residents) are on-hold while we focus on supporting and communicating with residents at this time.
Catholic Charities Senior Communities has implemented multiple measures to protect residents and employees against COVID-19.
Significant resident and employee education and communication efforts are continuing in support of proper hand hygiene and proactive additional precautions to minimize risk.
We follow direction from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and the Maryland Health Department (MDH) with support from the Baltimore City Health Department (BCHD).
We monitor daily all expert guidance and adjust procedures accordingly.
- While the presence of family and friends is a huge part of life for residents, to reduce risk, we have asked residents to postpone visits until further notice and to instead connect virtually or by phone.
- We have been in close communication with our residents during this difficult time.
- We have discontinued various events and volunteers in our communities and are encouraging resident to limit interaction in common spaces within each community.
- We have discontinued our shuttle service and are connecting residents to food and supplies as needed.
- Necessary visits by home health and related service providers, and similar care-giving visits by family/friends, are still taking place.
Thank you for your continued support as the entire community works to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and we work to protect residents and employees of Catholic Charities Senior Communities.
DePaul House – Baltimore City
DePaul House, a Catholic Charities Senior Community, offers 109 one and two-bedroom, rent-assisted apartments for seniors and disabled persons. The building is part of the Catholic Charities Jenkins Senior Living Community (the Campus) that includes the Neighborhoods at St. Elizabeth Nursing and Rehabilitation Services, Caritas House Assisted Living and St. Ann Adult Day Services. The Campus is conveniently located near I-695 just off I-95 at Caton Avenue, adjacent to St. Agnes Hospital. Shopping, places of worship, a library, a senior center and recreational activities are located nearby.
The on-site Service Coordinator provides information and referral services and educational and wellness programs for all the residents of DePaul House, a Catholic Charities Senior Community. In addition, the Catholic Charities Senior Support Services Program is available to eligible residents at a reasonable cost. The program provides meals and assistance with housekeeping, laundry, personal assistance and service management.
Catholic Charities welcomes people regardless of faith and is an Equal Housing Opportunity provider.
Services and Amenities
- Service Coordination: on-site information and referral; educational and wellness programs
- Senior Support Services: meals, housekeeping, laundry, customizable personal assistance and service management available
- 24-hour on-site security
- Weekday lunch offered by “Eating Together in Baltimore”
- Wellness services available on-site by appointment: dentisty, podiatry, nurse practioner, mental heatlh
- Free weekly grocery shuttle to Weis and Giant
- Hair salon located on-site
- Exercise classes and group fitness
- Resident Social Club
- Pastoral Care services
- Mass and interdenominational worship services at on-campus chapel
- Resident computer center
- Multipurpose room
- Laundry room
- Personal emergency response system
- Units wired for telephone and cable television service
- Close to public transportation
- Seasonal Farmers’ Market on-site at campus pavilion
Senior Community in Violetville: DePaul House
3300 Benson Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21227