Immigration Legal Services was founded in 1994 to provide low-cost legal counseling and representation in humanitarian and family-based immigration matters. As one of the largest non-profit immigration legal services providers in the state, we serve individuals from over 150 different countries who reside in Maryland or have immigration cases in Maryland. We assist clients and their family members seeking to obtain, extend, or retain lawful immigration status or citizenship in the United States.
To read about the Archdiocese statements on recent immigration changes, click here.
We provide affordable and pro bono legal counseling and representation in a wide-range of immigration matters including:
- Immigration consultations
- Family-based petitions
- Adjustment of status
- Trafficking, crime victim, and domestic violence-based immigration applications
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) applications and renewals
- Immigrant visa processing
- Applications for Citizenship
- Inadmissibility waiver applications
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
- NACARA (Nicaraguan and Central American Relief Act)
- Removal defense (Defense against deportation)
- Asylum, withholding of removal and relief under the Convention Against Torture