- St. Elizabeth’s Rehabilitation and Nursing Home Center has suspended visitors until further notice.
- Caritas House Assisted Living has suspended visitors until further notice.
- Effective March 16, 2020: St. Ann Adult Day Care programs – CLOSED until further notice.
Caritas House has implemented multiple measures to protect residents and employees against COVID-19. Our infection prevention and control policies and procedures are key to preventing COVID-19 and other common viruses.
- We are ensuring that everyone in the facility practices proper hand hygiene and proactive additional precautions to minimize risk.
- Our trained infection preventionist is taking the lead on facility risk assessment.
- We follow direction from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and the Maryland Health Department (MDH) with support from the Baltimore City Health Department (BCHD).
- We monitor daily all expert guidance and adjust procedures accordingly.
- We have discontinued visits.
While the presence of family and friends is a huge part of life for residents, to reduce risk, we cannot permit any visitors nor volunteers in our facility. We have been in close communication with our residents and their loved ones during this difficult time.
Thank you for your continued support as the entire community works to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and we work to protect residents and employees of Caritas House.
Wish List for Caritas House Assisted Living
We always welcome donations. If you would like to make a monetary gift, please use our online donation form. If you would like to make an in-kind donation, or organize a donation drive, below is our wish list. If there are other items you wish to donate, please contact us first. We have extremely limited storage space. Not sure what to bring? Grocery store gift cards are perfect and easy to carry. Thank you for your help.
- Bread makers
- Classic color DVDs
- Oldies-but-goodies CDs
- Broadway Musicals-the music
- Broadway Musicals-the movies (DVD)
You can shop online for wish list items here, and have the items shipped directly to our Caritas House. If you are buying items for donation, consider using AmazonSmile.
Amazon Smile: Shop and Help Our Program Automatically
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support our program every time you shop, at no cost to you. When shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to us.
The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to Associated Catholic Charities when you use smile.amazon.com and designate Associated Catholic Charities. And, you can save time by shipping the order directly to us. Learn more about Amazon Smile here.