Caritas House has implemented multiple measures to protect residents and employees against COVID-19. Our infection prevention and control policies and procedures are key to preventing COVID-19 and other common viruses.
- We are ensuring that everyone in the facility practices proper hand hygiene and proactive additional precautions to minimize risk.
- Our trained infection preventionist is taking the lead on facility risk assessment.
- We follow direction from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and the Maryland Health Department (MDH) with support from the Baltimore City Health Department (BCHD).
- We monitor daily all expert guidance and adjust procedures accordingly.
- We have discontinued visits.
While the presence of family and friends is a huge part of life for residents, to reduce risk, we cannot permit any visitors nor volunteers in our facility. We have been in close communication with our residents and their loved ones during this difficult time.
Thank you for your continued support as the entire community works to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and we work to protect residents and employees of Caritas House.