In most cases completing the medical and financial evaluations will take place simultaneously. The medical evaluation generally includes:
• Resident assessment tool used by all assisted living facilities in Maryland. Ask your physician to complete the form and give it to you. Then you can give copies to any assisted living facility you are considering.
• Activities of daily living form, which asks about the amount of assistance the future resident needs. At Caritas House, we request that someone who knows the potential resident well complete the form and send it to us with the Physician’s Assessment.
• Individual Nursing Assessment: Most assisted living facilities, including Caritas, will want their delegating nurse to assess the potential resident before acceptance.
APPLY TO LIVE AT CARITAS HOUSE
The Caritas House application has three parts:
• The Jenkins Senior Living Community Application (PDF)
• Financial Packet Instructions
• Long Term Care Insurance (PDF)
• Resident Assessment (PDF) –
The Physician’s Assessment forms should be prepared by a physician who knows the potential resident. Please note that this form asks if the applicant is free from tuberculosis. This is usually determined with a skin test or an x-ray. The PPD (skin test) is only good for 30 days. The x-ray is good for three (3) months.
• MOLST (Maryland Medical Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment) Form (PDF)
• Assisted Living Manager’s Assessment (PDF) – We ask that the family member who best knows the applicant complete this form.
When we have received all three parts of the application, we will invite you to meet with our delegating nurse for a final assessment. If the nurse feels that we can care for the applicant appropriately, we will invite them to set a move-in date and select a room. If there are no rooms available, the applicant will be put on the waiting list.
Please contact our Office Coordinator at 410-646-6570 or [email protected] if you have any questions about this application process or if you need help with any of the parts of the application.