VOLUNTEER: Ways to serve
If you, your family, or company are looking to get involved in our child welfare and mental health programs, the holiday season is a great time to get a taste of how you can donate your time. When you click any of the “VOLUNTEER” links below, you will be taken to our volunteer portal at MyVolunteerPage.com where you can sign up for a variety of events or roles. After you get to our volunteer portal, click the “Fill in an application” link below to sign up.
- If you are a new user, choose the “I am new to MyVolunteerPage.com” option.
- If you have used MyVolunteerPage.com before, whether with Catholic Charities or another organization, please log in.
You will be directed to an “application” that collects your contact info. If you are part of a group signing up for a group activity, only one sign-up is required.
Deck the Halls
For nearly two decades, volunteers have turned the gymnasium at St. Vincent’s Villa Residential Treatment Center into a Winter Wonderland for the children living there, with 100+ trees and 1000s of decorations. This year, we will be refocusing our efforts and spread decorations throughout the whole building, including decorating with the children in their apartments, and outside. Festive snacks included.
- Deck the Halls: Saturday, December 7 from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Un-Deck the Halls: Saturday, January 4 from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
All ages welcome to decorate or un-decorate public areas. Volunteers must be 16+ to help in the apartments.
Do you have any outdoor decorations that you would like to donate? Our lights and trees are not rated to be outside, and so we need your help! Contact Mikael Kristiansen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
An important part of treatment at Villa Maria School is giving students rewards for progress and positive behavior. Each year, we let them “shop” for gifts for their friends and family, spending incentive points on a variety of items given by the community for that purpose.
Volunteers staff booths in our “winter village” as children go “shopping.” Lunch is provided, and the day is punctuated by a student concert.
Shifts from 7 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. on Thursday, December 12, 2019.
While we always need help around the holidays decorating and serving meals, our services for children and families run 365 days per year and benefit greatly from community engagement. Some of the volunteer opportunities include:
- Helping with other holiday parties and cookouts
- Playing sports
- Sponsoring recreational activities
- Running a donation drive for school supplies
- Child care for family support groups
- Internships for college students
- Gardening and grounds work
- Answering phones and filing