- St. Elizabeth’s Rehabilitation and Nursing Home Center has suspended visitors until further notice.
- Caritas House Assisted Living has suspended visitors until further notice.
- Effective March 16, 2020: St. Ann Adult Day Care programs – CLOSED until further notice.
Catholic Charities Senior Services has implemented multiple measures to protect residents and employees against COVID-19. Our infection prevention and control policies and procedures are key to preventing COVID-19 and other common viruses.
- We are ensuring that everyone in the facility practices proper hand hygiene and proactive additional precautions to minimize risk.
- Our trained infection preventionist is taking the lead on facility risk assessment.
- We follow direction from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and the Maryland Health Department (MDH) with support from the Baltimore City Health Department (BCHD).
- We monitor daily all expert guidance and adjust procedures accordingly.
- We have discontinued visits.
While the presence of family and friends is a huge part of life for residents, to reduce risk, we cannot permit any visitors nor volunteers in our facility. We have been in close communication with our residents and their loved ones during this difficult time.
Thank you for your continued support as the entire community works to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and we work to protect residents and employees of Catholic Charities Senior Services.
Answers for The Aging
Answers for the Aging is a FREE telephone-based information and referral service for questions about services for older adults, their families, friends and caregivers. We provide free information, referrals, and options to older adults and caregivers in an effort to help them make informed decisions about senior life issues.
Our hours are Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. We promptly return calls to messages left when our office is closed.
Click on the + signs below to see the link.
Our caring staff is experienced and waiting to help answer questions on topics such as:
• Understanding your options for housing, in-home care, senior health care, community resources and much more
• Planning for the future
• Maintaining your independence
• Caring for a loved one or friend
Answers for the Aging is just a phone call away and we want to help you. We’re here to listen, talk and provide information that will be helpful in making decisions.
Answers for the Aging
3300 Benson Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21227
or toll free 1-888-502-7587 (Maryland Only)
Proud partner of Called to Care, a program of Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, that helps prepare and support individuals caring for loved ones with health-related needs or limitations.
Know a caregiver you’d like to thank? Use AARP’s Thanks Project page. Click Here
The Maryland Consumer Guide to Long Term Care – Click Here
The guide is for consumers searching for a specific type of care (adult day center, home health, hospice or nursing home care). The Guide includes comprehensive information about each Maryland licensed long term care facility: such as specific services offered, quality ratings, satisfaction with care (for nursing homes and home health specifically), dates and summaries of OHCQ health and safety inspections, and characteristics of residential facilities (with pictures) size, specialty certification, and other information. Users can go to the “services search” section of the Consumer Guide to select any or all counties in Maryland and then view a list of the LTC services in the county. The guide also has information about planning and paying for long-term care.
“Being a part of the Answers for the Aging program is most rewarding, as it allows me to connect with a diversity of people. As callers share their needs, they expect and receive the guidance they are calling for as choices and options are shared. Many callers voice their appreciation for the help but, for me, the real pleasure is in talking with them and in knowing that I can be of service.”