2018 Anna’s House Breakfast Guest Speaker Kim Vargas Morales
Kim Vargas Morales, a mother of three, overcame significant unplanned obstacles and regained stability thanks to Anna’s House.
“I was pregnant with twins and due to medical complications, I was ordered to go on bed rest. I lost my job,” said a tearful Ms. Morales. “I had no other support, bills piled up and I was evicted. It was devastating to be nine months pregnant, with a toddler and without a home. Once I arrived at Anna’s House, I was filled with hope. It was a relief to have support.”
The audience erupted with applause. Impressively, Ms. Morales and her three children stayed for only one month and two weeks at Anna’s House. “I was determined to get back into my own home.” Ms. Morales twins now attend Early Head Start, which was also a beneficiary of the breakfast.
Anna’s House offers emergency shelter, transitional housing for families fleeing domestic violence, permanent supportive housing, and rapid re-housing. Opening in 1991, Anna’s House represents the combined efforts of Catholic Charities, Harford County Government and committed churches, businesses, civic groups and individuals throughout the county.
Anna’s House and Harford County Early Head Start Annual Breakfast
Photos from the 2018 Annual Benefit Breakfast
Anna’s House and Harford County Early Head Start thanks it’s 26th Annual Breakfast sponsors!
PREMIER SPONSOR ($10,000+)
- Bel Air Athletic Club
PRESENTING SPONSOR ($5,000+)
- Carmen & Victoria Deyesu Family Foundation, Inc.
- St. Ignatius Church, Hickory
- The Rasmussen Family
- The Harford Mutual Insurance Company
- St. Margarets Catholic Church
- Harkins Builders
- Jones Junction
PLATINUM ($1,000 +)
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC
- Annual Cookie Party Ladies
- Dawn and Ken Dodson
- Multi Management
- Oak Contracting
- Saxon’s Diamond Centers
GOLD ($500 +)
- Bel Air High School
- People’s Bank
- Jarrettsville Federal Savings & Loan
- St. Francis de Sales
- WeCare Private Duty Services, Inc.
- Harford County Public Library
- Birthright Pregnancy Aid Center, Inc.
- Ozazewski-Decker-Plunkett Wealth Management Group, Wells Fargo Advisors
- Red Pump Elementary School
- McDonald’s Aberdeen
- Harford County Community & Economic Development
- Mountain Christian Church
- Steve and Anna Kahoe’s Children
- Joseph I. Cassilly, State’s Attorney
- MD ADK Chi Chapter
- Corbin Fuel Co.,Inc.
- Charles & Patsy Jackson
- Cat Sense Feline Hospital and Boarding, Inc.
- Bel Air United Methodist Church
- Kathy Casey Non-Profit Consulting
- Christ Our King Presbyterian Church
- Stella & Dot, Lisa Zubrowski
- William H. Cox, Jr. Real Estate, Inc.
- The Goddard School, Forest Hill
- Wilbur W. Bolton, P.A.
- Waldron of Maryland, Inc.