Policy Statements of Catholic Charities of Baltimore
1. Questions about Catholic Charities’ Private Policy
320 Cathedral Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
2. Website Information Accuracy
It is the policy of Catholic Charities to present correct and accurate information. If inaccuracies come to our attention, Catholic Charities will attempt to correct them in a timely manner. To report any Website inaccuracies please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catholic Charities seeks to respect and protect the privacy of our visitors and only gathers personally identifiable data, such as names, addresses, zip/postal codes, e-mail addresses, etc. when voluntarily submitted by a visitor. For example, personally identifiable information may be collected in order to complete a donation transaction or a volunteer application. Catholic Charities does not share lists or other information collected with any other organizations.
It is the policy of Catholic Charities to maintain accurate information on you. If you would like to review information we have about you, please contact us via U.S. mail or e-mail email@example.com. Catholic Charities will correct information that is inaccurate.
Visitors may opt-out of having their personal information used by Catholic Charities to send promotional correspondence or information to the visitor, by contacting Catholic Charities via U.S. mail, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or by checking the appropriate box on the on-line form.
At times, Catholic Charities may be required by law or legal process to disclose information about you to others. Catholic Charities may also disclose information about you if it believes that disclosure is necessary for the public interest and/or safety.
Catholic Charities does not knowingly solicit personal information from children or send them requests for personal information.
Our site has industry standard security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Because we care about the safety and security of your online transactions, we use high-grade encryption and the https security protocol that is the industry standard security protocol.
This makes it difficult for anyone else to intercept the credit card information you send to us. Companies we work with to process credit card transaction also use high-grade encryption and security protocols.
Even though Catholic Charities will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal and financial information, it cannot and does not guarantee its confidentiality or security.
If you prefer, contributions can be made by calling 667-600-2021 or you can mail your donation to:
320 Cathedral Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our Site, we ask them for the friend’s name and email address. Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Baltimore will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the Site. Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Baltimore stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
8. Other Web Sites
Our Site contains links to other Web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another Web site for which Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Baltimore has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
9. Children Eligible for Adoption
The agency uses the internet in the placement of individual children eligible for adoption only where:
- Such use is not prohibited by applicable State or Federal law or by the laws of the child’s country of origin;
- All such use is subject to Associated Catholic Charities internal controls to avoid misuse and links to any sites that reflect practices that involve the sale, abduction, exploitation or trafficking of children;
- Such use, if it includes photographs, does not include children who are currently waiting for adoption, or who have already been adopted or placed for adoption (and who are clearly so identified). All children pictured on Associated Catholic Charities web pages are models, or are not eligible for adoption and have model releases signed by a parent or legal guardian. Wards of the state or other government entities, regardless of their adoption status, are never pictured;
- Such use does not serve as a substitute for the direct provision of adoption services, including services to the child, the prospective adoptive parent(s), and/or the birthparents.
It is hereby reaffirmed that the Board of Directors of Catholic Charities has adopted a policy of non-discrimination and affirmative action in conformity with applicable federal, state, and local laws, to provide equal and open employment opportunity in all aspects of the employer/employee relationship, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, training, educational reassignments, discipline and termination of employment to all personnel without discrimination on the basis of race, age, sex, color, national origin, physical or mental handicap or disability, or any other classification protected by law.