Welcome to Catholic Charities of Baltimore
Catholic Charities is a movement to improve lives. We are a family of more than 2,000 talented and dedicated colleagues, supported by nearly 17,000 selfless volunteers and more than 10,000 generous donors. These marvelous individuals are of all faiths, ages and ethnicities, and together, we touch the lives of hundreds of thousands of individuals and families each year. Catholic Charities is our community at its best! Through thousands of encounters each day, at our 80 programs and over 200 locations, lives are improved and our community is made stronger.
Why do we do this work? It is rooted in the Gospel mandates to love, to serve, to teach and to work for justice. These mandates inspire us and fuel our mission to improve the lives of Marylanders in need.
Our faith and values impel us to welcome everyone who comes to us seeking a better today and a better tomorrow. Every woman, man, and child arrives with an immediate need, and without regard to their circumstances, we open our doors and our hearts. We recognize and cherish the Divine within every person we encounter.
Catholic Charities serves and supports children and families in crisis, people living in poverty, individuals with intellectual disabilities, our new neighbors in the immigrant community and older Marylanders. Our programs and services address both immediate needs and provide support and preparation for fostering the independence and self-sufficiency of our clients. With compassion and a standard of excellence second to none, we continue a legacy of service that began with the establishment of the Catholic Church in Baltimore in 1792.
I hope you will use this website to learn more about our work. We would love to have you join us in service. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (667) 600-2000.
William J. McCarthy, Jr.
320 Cathedral St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
READ MORE from Executive Director Bill McCarthy.
READ Bill’s Blog.
Learn More About Catholic Charities of Maryland
Main Office: 320 Cathedral Street | Baltimore, MD 21201 | 667-600-2000 | email@example.com
Administration: Timonium One | 1966 Greenspring Dr. | Timonium, MD 21093 | 667-600-2200
Our vision is what sets us on our path of action to fulfill our mission. Our values undergird all of our efforts. LEARN MORE >>
The work of Catholic Charities in the United States was begun here by Archbishop John Carroll when he declared in 1792 that a portion of all parish revenues be set aside “for the relief of the poor.” LEARN MORE >>
Below is a list of grantors from FY2017—without whom, Catholic Charities would not be able to efficiently and effectively serve the most vulnerable Marylanders in need.
- Abell Foundation
- Ann and Frank Cahouet Foundation
- Catholic Charities USA
- Clayton Fund of Texas
- Dresher Foundation
- Family League of Baltimore City
- Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation
- Herbert N. Gundersheimer Foundation
- Hoffberger Family Philanthropies
- John L. Stasiak Private Foundation
- Judy Family Foundation
- Marion I. and Henry J. Knott Foundation
- Reval Foundation, Inc.
- United Way of Central Maryland
- Women’s Giving Circle of Harford County
- AOL Charitable Foundation
- Arundel Community Development Services, Inc.
- Bank of America Foundation
- Behavioral Health Systems Baltimore
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Kaiser Permanente of the Mid-Atlantic States
- Maryland Legal Services Corporation
- Nikipro Foundation, Inc.
- T.Rowe Price Foundation
- UPS Foundation
- Visit Baltimore Foundation
- Walmart Foundation
- Anne Arundel County Executive Office
- Anne Arundel County Department of Social Services
- Baltimore City Health Department
- FEMA: Emergency Food & Shelter Program
- Governor’s Office of Crime Control & Prevention in Maryland
- Harford County Department of Housing and Community Development
- Harford County Grant-in-Aid
- Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County
- Maryland Department of Human Resources
- Maryland Energy Administration
- Mayor’s Office of Human Services
- U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development
Click to view information about our Executive Director and Board of Trustees 2018. LEARN MORE >>
Click to view stories from and about Catholic Charities employees, clients, donors and volunteers. LEARN MORE >>