Volunteer Front Desk Assistant
This position is suitable for:
Welcome visitors and answer incoming calls. Provide outstanding customer service to all clients, visitors, staff, and volunteers. Respond to inquiries by providing information and directing visitors to appropriate resources.
For more information contact: Please contact Jackie Reid at 410.659.3763 / firstname.lastname@example.org for an interview.
Hours or times of day volunteers are needed: Monday afternoon, Tuesday morning, Wednesday all day, Thursday morning, Friday afternoon, Saturday afternoon
Special skills required or recommended for this position: Customer service experience, computer and typing, follow direction, remain flexible to the needs of the staff,
This volunteer position is open at (program name): My Sister's Place Women's Center
My Sister's Place Women's Center (MSPWC)
Volunteer Front Desk Assistant
Days Needed: Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday: 8:30 - 12pm; 1pm-5pm; Fill-Ins/Backups Needed
- Greet all building visitors in a welcoming and professional manner consistent with the MSPWC mission.
- Ensure that all building visitors are properly signed in to the building (guests and volunteers).
- Possess knowledge of all the MSPWC services provided in order to direct visitors to the appropriate destination.
- As requested, answer incoming calls in a manner consistent with the MSPWC mission; give out information, route calls, and take messages.
- Maintain general knowledge of outside-related services in order to assist visitors and callers.
- Provide hospitality to all the MSPWC visitors and treat all clients, volunteers, and staff with dignity and respect.
- Work as a member of the MSPWC team in collaboration with MSPWC staff and volunteers to deliver the highest quality services to all clients, volunteers, and staff.
- Possess a working knowledge of all services provided at MSPWC.
- Participate in meetings and trainings as requested; to include substance abuse, health and mental health sensitivity training.
- Communicate with the onsite Volunteer Coordinator as needed.
- Sign in and out each time you volunteer.
- Receive direction from and work under the Front Desk Coordinator.
- Is able to work independently and in the absence of the Front Desk Coordinator.
- Communicate to volunteer office when not able to volunteer.
- Receptionist or customer service experience in a busy reception area or in a similar type position, preferably in human services or volunteer environment.
- Computer, data entry, and typing skills preferred.
- Must be customer service and detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to:
- Follow oral and written directions; listen attentively; communicate in oral and occasionally written forms.
- Interact with a culturally diverse and senior population.
- Write and print legibly; take clear, concise, and accurate messages.
- Must remain flexible to the needs of the staff, volunteers, and clients.
- Must have ability to use a multi-line console; or to be trained.
- Ability to hear and see activities in reception area.
References are required for interview.
Will train the right volunteer.
Please contact Jackie Reid at email@example.com / 410.659.3763