Samaritan Center & MSPWC Volunteer
This position is suitable for: Individuals, Students
Position descriptionCome and volunteer to help the staff at My Sister's Place Women's Center and the Samaritan Center in their daily operations!
Hours or times of day volunteers are needed: 2-3 hours per week / commitment of six months
Special skills required or recommended for this position: Assist with phone inquiries, provide resources to callers, data entry, filing, other duties as assigned.
This volunteer position is open at: My Sister's Place Women's Center
in: Baltimore City
Volunteer at the Samaritan Center
Minimum commitment of six months required.
Volunteer hours per week: 2-3 hours
This volunteer position reports directly to Minnie Barker and will be reviewed at one month/six months/yearly.
Responsible for assisting staff in the daily operation of the Samaritan Center. Samaritan Center provides assistance with information and referrals, financial assistance for eviction prevention, utility assistance, and relocation assistance for residents of Baltimore City.
- Assist with phone inquiries and provide resources over the phone.
- Maintain and update comprehensive list.
- Assist with data entry.
- Conduct assessment to determine eligibility for eviction prevention, utility assistance, and relocation assistance.
- Maintain and or update comprehensive resource files of information on organizations that provide human services in the community.
- File, sort, and pull folders/files.
My Sister's Place Women's Center (MSPWC) Team
- Provide hospitality to all MSPWC visitors and treat clients, staff, and volunteers with dignity and respect.
- Work as a member of the MSPWC team in collaboration with all other staff and volunteers to deliver the highest quality services to all clients.
- Possess a working knowledge of all services provided at MSPWC.
- Maintains a professional demeanor at all times. Other duties as assigned.
- Must communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work.
- Must be creative, enthusiastic and have a "can do" attitude.
- Develop beneficial working relationships with clients.
- Pays attention to details.
- Work independently and as a productive member of a team.
- Competent computer literacy including a working knowledge of word processing, database management, and ability to use email and the internet effectively.
To apply and interview for this position contact Jackie Reid at email@example.com / 410.659.3763.
To volunteer for this position, or for more information about volunteering, contact our volunteer coordinator Patricia Newman, 410.547.5553, firstname.lastname@example.org.