320 Cathedral Street
Baltimore, MD 21201667-600-3354
Project SERVE (Service and Education through Residential Volunteer Experience) is a unique, year-long, service learning opportunity where recent college graduates dedicate a year to full-time volunteerism and live in a small intentional community.
Project SERVE provides an ideal environment in which to obtain practical, meaningful work experience while serving people who are marginalized and working for social justice. The Project SERVE volunteer year is approximately August 25 through July 25. In exchange for your service, we provide you with rent and utility-free housing, health insurance, and a monthly stipend for living expenses. It is also possible to apply to defer any student loans you may have.
Live in a seven bedroom house with other volunteers in downtown Baltimore city and work at one of our Catholic Charities programs.
We are looking for recent college graduates who want to dedicate a year to full-time volunteerism and live in a small intentional community.
In order to be considered for Project SERVE, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident of the U.S.
- Be able to pass a federal background check and pass the National Sex Offender Public Registry screening.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Be 21-30 years of age.
- Be able to commit to full-time service for 12 months without outside commitments.
A strong candidate for Project SERVE possesses the:
- Willingness to learn new skills on the job.
- Flexibility at work and in community living.
- Desire to live with others working for social justice.
- Ability to get along with others from diverse backgrounds.
- Sense of humor.
- Ability to try new things.
We are delighted you are interested in learning more about our unique, year-long, service learning opportunity. We hope you find everything you need to know right here, but if you have further questions or are looking for more information, please contact Allison at email@example.com / 410.261.6774.