Villa Maria School Dulaney Valley Campus
Villa Maria School at Dulaney Valley provides educational and clinical services for children with significant emotional, behavioral, and learning challenges.
We invite you to visit our campus so that you can experience what our program has to offer. Upon entering our doors, you will be greeted warmly by our staff, by the voices of our educators inspiring students during a classroom lesson, by the sight of a therapist or behavior specialist offering emotional or behavioral support to a student in need, or simply by the heartwarming smiles of our students as they eagerly participate in the schedule of their school day.
Our highly qualified staff provides academic instruction in all of the core content areas, in alignment with the Common Core standards for middle school and ninth grade students. Incorporated into the students’ daily schedule are related services that include speech, language and occupational therapies. Students also receive enrichment in art, music, media, technology instruction and physical education that includes intramural sports. They really enjoy the prevocational programs where they have a wonderful opportunity to develop independent living skills through hands-on activities.
We also offer comprehensive clinical programs that address the individual needs of each student. Our students receive individual, group, and family therapy. We have a team of behavioral specialists who provide a wide range of therapeutic interventions and support, aiding students who may need temporary time out of the classroom.
Villa Maria School at Dulaney Valley, also offers:
- Reading intervention programming
- Psychiatric Services
- Psychological Evaluation and Consultation
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) case Management
- Parent Workshops and Support Groups
- Incorporation of a behavioral incentive program, Positive Behavior Interventions and support (PBIS)
- Mentoring Programs
- In-home Counseling
- Respite Care
- Year round programming
Villa Maria School at Dulaney Valley aims to:
- Prepare each student for return to a less restrictive learning environment
- Provide a curriculum with enables the student to successfully improve measurable achievement levels in reading, mathematics, and oral and written language
- Provide students with an array of therapeutic coping skills, such as progressive relaxation, anger management, and mediation skills
- Empower parents as partners in the treatment process
Villa Maria Schools received extremely high marks in a survey completed by parents of former students. Of the families surveyed, 100% said they would refer a friend to our school for education and treatment. The staff at Villa Maria Schools couldn’t be more proud of this statistic as it reflects the heart of our mission.
If you are interested in learning more about our school or arranging a tour, contact Principal Brenda Hines at 410.252.6343, Ext. 149.
For information on the intake process, contact Agatha Callahan at 410.252.6343, Ext. 104.