1370 Brass Mill Rd
Belcamp, MD 21017410.297.4100
Villa Maria School Harford County Campus
The Villa Maria School Harford County Campus is a 12-month non-public, graded school that provides intensive educational and clinical services for children and youth with emotional, learning and multiple disabilities.
Welcome to the Home of the Hawks!
Our school is located on a beautiful campus in Belcamp, Maryland. We invite you to visit our campus so that you can experience what our program has to offer. Upon entering our doors, you will be greeted warmly by our staff, by the voices of our educators inspiring students during a classroom lesson, by the sight of a therapist or behavior specialist offering emotional or behavioral support to a student in need, or simply by the heartwarming smiles of our students as they eagerly participate in the schedule of their school day.
Our psycho-educational approach incorporates educational and clinical services, behavior management, parent collaboration, and partnership. Our school teams include a psychologist, a nurse, clinical therapists, and behavioral specialists. Villa Maria also offers monthly parent support groups to provide parents with a forum for addressing the challenges of parenting children with special needs.
Villa Maria School of Harford County also offers:
- Highly trained educators offering differentiated instruction to each student in the classroom
- Programming for middle school and ninth grade
- Intensive interventions and support from clinical staff to accommodate the individualized behavior and emotional needs of each student
- Incorporation of a behavioral incentive program, Positive Interventions and Support (PBIS)
- Prevocational programming where children develop independent living skills through hands-on activities
- Enrichment in art, music, physical education, and technology
- Individual, group, and family therapies
- Speech, language and occupational therapies
- Year-round programming
Villa Maria of Harford County aims to:
- Prepare each student for return to a less restrictive learning environment
- Provide a curriculum which enables the student to successfully improve measurable achievement levels in reading, mathematics, and oral and written language
- Provide students with an array of therapeutic coping skills, such as progressive relaxation, anger management, and mediation skills
- Empower parents as partners in the treatment process
Villa Maria Schools received extremely high marks in a survey completed by parents of former students. Of the families surveyed, 100% said they would refer a friend to our school for education and treatment. The staff at Villa Maria Schools couldn’t be more proud of this statistic as it reflects the heart of our mission.
We look forward to welcoming you!
If you are interested in learning more about our school or arranging a tour, contact Principal Rick Frank at 410.297.4100
For information on the intake process, contact Agatha Callahan at 410.252.6343 Ext. 104