1966 Greenspring Dr
Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093
Senior Support Services
Senior Support Services is a Congregate Housing Services (CHS) Program certified and subsidized by the Maryland Department of Aging, for people 62 years of age and over who have some difficulty with essential activities of daily living. The program is offered at several of our senior housing communities, and is for low- and very low-income seniors. It is offered to prevent injury and illness, thereby helping to eliminate or delay the need for admission to a higher level of care. The Standard CHS package includes: two meals per day (seven days per week), housekeeping, laundry and personal assistance services (total of approximately 3 hours per week, tailored to individual needs), and service management provided by the on-site CHS Supervisor. Individualized CHS packages offer residents the ability to receive just meals or just personal services to meet their specific needs. A variety of fee-for-service and private-pay options are also available.
Who Are CHS Participants? Individuals participating in the CHS program:
- Participate in congregate dining, if enrolled in a meal service;
- Ambulate independently or with an assistive device and, if using a wheelchair, transfer in and out of wheelchair independently;
- Supervise their own medications or have a designated party (family/medication management provider) to manage medications; and
- Independently manage personal finances or have a responsible party to do so;
- Should a resident’s physical or mental health deteriorate over time, it may become necessary for the resident and family to bring in additional services or plan for alternate living arrangements, in cooperation with the Senior Support Services Supervisor.
What does CHS Cost?
Participants may be eligible for a subsidy from the Maryland Department of Aging dependent upon the individual's income and assets. An individual's CHS fee is determined following a review of financial information. Please note: The CHS fee is in addition to the amount paid for rent.
Senior Support Services are available to residents of the following locations:
- Arundel Woods (Glen Burnie);
- Basilica Place (Baltimore City);
- DePaul House (Violetville);
- Friendship Station (Odenton);
- Friendship Village (Odenton);
- St. Joachim (Violetville);
- St. Luke's (Edgemere);
- Trinity House (Towson)
If you are currently a resident of one of the locations listed above, ask to speak with your Senior Support Services Supervisor. If you are not currently residing in one of the locations listed above, please visit the How to Apply page. On the application for housing, please check off "Yes" to the question regarding your interest in the Senior Support Services Program. Thank you for your interest.
"Oh I think I am in heaven. I never thought I would have anything like this. Everyone is so friendly and nice to me. I just can't believe it.” – Irma, a resident of St. Luke’s Apartments who participates in the Senior Support Services Program."