3308 Benson Ave
Baltimore, MD 21227
Caritas House Assisted Living
On the Jenkins Senior Living Campus
Respite care is available at Caritas House giving family caregivers peace of mind when you need to be away from your loved one or you are planning a much needed vacation.
Residents of Caritas House enjoy a comfortable home environment. They enjoy two fireplaces, an enclosed garden and a community dining room. The social, mental, physical and spiritual well-being of our residents is at the core of our mission. Caritas House offers a nurturing pastoral care program. This program can assist residents and their families through the transition to a new home and with any of their spiritual needs. We also offer daily Mass, weekly Ecumenical services and pastoral care visits.
Caritas House is a non-smoking facility. Residents are not allowed to smoke in the building or on the grounds. Residents may not have smoking material or matches in their rooms.
Because we believe that staying active and healthy is the secret to maintaining a high quality of life, we plan a balanced program of activities from which residents can choose.
In addition to the 60 resident rooms (each with private bath), Caritas House Assisted Living offers
- A large, sunny dining room in which residents eat their meals and can invite guests to join them
- Five living rooms (two with gas fireplaces) on three floors
- A library
- A private dining room for gatherings or parties
- An activities/multipurpose room
- Laundry Services
- Beauty shop
- Enclosed patio
- Resident-run gift shop
- Emergency Response System
- Keypad accessible building
- Twenty-five acre campus set on a scenic hill overlooking Baltimore
- Pastoral Care Services
Services Available at Caritas House
- Three nutritious meals served daily
- Medication administration by Certified Medication Technicians.
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and other daily activities as needed
- Weekly laundry, linen, and housekeeping services
- Daily trash removal
- Access to a full range of healthcare services, including an on-site geriatrician
- 24-hour access to nursing staff via a pendant call system
- Full-time nursing staff available on-site
- 24-hour security and emergency call system
- Social and recreational activities
- Pastoral Care Program
- Individual Resident Service Plans
- Resident Council meetings
- A warm, caring environment in which residents feel respected and valued
Caritas House Assisted Living is part of the Jenkins Senior Living Community, a long-standing senior community set on a scenic hill overlooking Baltimore. It is a 60-unit studio apartment community located off Interstate-95, next to St. Agnes Hospital. If you would like to learn more about assisted living, read our FAQ, or call Marsha Hagan at (410) 646-6570 or email email@example.com