Wish List for Sarah's House
Thank you for considering a donation to Sarah’s House. Our guests greatly appreciate it! We can always use your help. The things we need most, in priority order are:
- Donations (You can make your online donation here.) This is the best way to help the Center overall.
- Volunteers (Learn more about volunteering with us here.)
- Gift Cards (from food stores, Walmart, and Target). These give us the most flexibility for filling immediate needs.
- In-kind donations, such as the items listed below
These items are what we need most right now. Please consider increasing the impact of your gift by organizing a donation drive.
Kitchen and Food
- Aluminum disposable pans (medium and large)
- Plastic forks and spoons
- Paper plates, cups, napkins, towels
- Sugar and sugar substitutes
- Cereal (Kix, Cheerios, Rice Chex, etc.)
- Salad dressing (Ranch, etc.)
- Canned fruits (all varieties)
- Canned vegetables (all varieties)
- 100% juice fruit drinks
- Powdered drink mixes
- Snacks for children (goldfish crackers, granola bars, etc.)
Please note: Due to health department regulations, all bedding must be new, not used.
- Pillows (new)
- Sheets (twin and full size)
- Baby Wash cloths
Women and Children
- Ladies Black Pants (all sizes needed)
- Women's deodorant
- Femine hygiene and hair products
- Children's and adult's cough medicine and over the counter pain relievers (acetaminophen, ibuprofen, etc.)
- Baby bottle and feeding supplies
- School supplies
We need diapers all the time!
- Diapers, any brand, especially sizes 4, 5 & 6
- Unscented wipes
- Diaper Genie refills
Did you know?
- The cost of diapers for one child is about $100 a month.
- Food Stamps & WIC do not cover the cost of diapers.
- An infant uses up to 12 diapers/day and a toddler up to 8/day.
- Babies kept in diapers for extended periods of time suffer physically and emotionally.
- Moms miss work & school, because day care centers do not accept children without diapers.
- No diapers, no daycare, no job.