Get Ready for the 2012 Dragon Boat Races
Race day: September 8, 2012
Here's what team sponsors have to say about the Races
||There is no other event like it! Your team of 25 will practice through July and August to master technique and strategy to prepare for Race Day competition.
||Teams power through the Baltimore Harbor to battle for the coveted Dragon Boat Cup!
||In the water teams must work together to propel the boat to maximum speed. Outside the water teams plan strategy and build camaraderie through team activities and volunteer experiences.
||Exciting time trials set the pace for exhilarating competition as teams compete by industry. Banks, construction companies, financial services and others go head to head to compete for bragging rights. After the brackets are set two races determine the finalists for three brackets. Teams then battle through elimination heats to win their bracket and the Dragon Cup!
| Team Perqs
- Your company will be featured in the 2012 Dragon Boat promotional materials, Catholic Charities’ website, electronic and print communications, social media sites.
- Your company will have the opportunity to network and form relationships with many other local companies.
- Your company will be partnered with a Catholic Charities program and will be invited to participate in special volunteer activities and opportunities to learn more about the work of Catholic charities. Partner Programs will also provide assistance and support to the teams throughout the summer and on Race Day.
- Your company will receive a Race Day tent on Rash Field to regroup and rest between races.
| Paddler Perqs
- Weekly practice sessions at Canton Marine Center during July and August of 2012
- Use of all equipment: dragon boats, life jackets, drums and paddles
- Technique and strategy clinics taught by experienced coaches
- Race day lunch, t-shirt, and paddler bag
- Post-race party for team captains
For more information, or to become a 2012 race sponsor, contact Tracie Lefevre, email@example.com, 410.625.8477.