Inspired by the Gospel mandates to love, serve and teach, Catholic Charities provides care and services to improve the lives of Marylanders in need.
Cherishing the Divine within all, we are committed to a Maryland where each person has the opportunity to reach his or her God-given potential.
- To Love
- To Serve
- To Teach
- To Work for Justice
- We will honor and respect the Dignity of every person.
- We believe that all people are created in the image of God and so have an inherent dignity, regardless of the circumstances of their lives. As such, we commit to honoring and respecting this dignity in every interaction.
- We will encounter each person with Compassion.
- We meet others with a sincere desire to know and understand them, without judgment and with a genuine concern that is expressed in the care we provide.
- We will act with Humility.
- Humility is an openness that actively seeks out others’ points of view and that both offers and accepts forgiveness when we have not been faithful to our commitments.
- We will reach out to others in a spirit of Collaboration.
- Collaboration is working together, drawing upon each person’s unique skills, knowledge and experience, to achieve a common purpose.
- We will serve with Excellence.
- We are inspired to be our best and to do our best work with and for others.
- We will act with Integrity in all we do.
- When we act with integrity, we do what we say we will do.